Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fired!

For working over half a year at my restaurant I have quickly grown to really like the people I work with. So it becomes very sad when they do stupid things and think nothing will come of it because they had been there for so long. Well, as long as I have been there, when people are late I don't hear anything of it. The management seemed to not care as long as they came. So my friend, being known as one of the big slackers, managed to not show up for two shifts. He didn't come look at the schedule for himself. Dumb number 1. As a result he was put on suspension for two weeks without pay. When he was put back on the schedule he was demoted to being a busser and only worked very few shifts. He was doing good. Than a couple of days ago, I was talking with him during a lunch shift and we both knew we worked that night as well. So when it came time for him to clock in, he wasn't there. I tried to save his butt by getting the host to call him. Well, our manager walked up right than and I knew he was screwed. He really was a great guy, but was an idiot. It made me sad to say goodbye and wish him luck.
Another friend of mine, who had been in this business for 16 plus years made a mistake that was completely our of character for her. A guest had allergies to mushrooms. I am not sure, but I guess she didn't communicate this with the kitchen. Thus the guest got sick. She has been doing this forever and she neglects to keep caution. WHY!? So I think she is either fired or suspended. I am not really sure what yet. It blows my mind these people do these things. Now the management is on everyones case to be on time and rightfully so too. However, I think there a few that will still not be reprimended for being late even if its 15 minutes. We are all adults and yet resonsibility comes very slowly to some.

3 comments:

  1. It sucks how some people get fired when they were good friends of yours! :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read the title to the blog I thought you were talking about yourself! Good thing you're not. HAHAHA. Some people do have a much harder time growing up than others, but then again some people take life WAY too seriously. I think it's best to be somewhere in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really isn't fun. I am happy that you have a stable head on your shoulders and don't do anything stupid like that!

    ReplyDelete