Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fees

Warning to all you bankers. We have been banking with Bank of America for a few years now. As I was doing a routine browse of out statements I noticed a maintanece fee of 9 dollars. It happened again on the previous statement too. I looked it up and it indicated that we have this fee cause we aren't maintaning a certain amount in our accounts. Also we can't waive the fee because our companies don't offer direct deposit. So we go to the bank to talk about our options. Apparently this fee spreads across our other accounts. The amount we need to maintain is higher than we are able to keep in there at one time. The teller didn't seem to understand that our lifestyle is very different than most. She didn't understand that we don't get offered direct deposit and she was at a loss when we said that I get paid in cash everyday. The look on her face made me realize the she wasn't going to help. I was infuriated that we are paying for the bureaucratic, CEO salary for someone to press a button and stare at a screen 9 dollars every month and that people can't see past their regular life and notice a life that isn't the typical 9-5. I immediately called other banks to compare. Although they also suggest direct deposit, they also DID NOT charge maintanence fees. I closed one of my accounts and once that gets here we will close the rest and move our money to a bank that doesn't try to take money for rediculous purposes. What a world this is.

2 comments:

  1. We used to have a Bank of America account and they screwed us a few times and we also got out. I hate them. We of course love America First, but I bet they don't have them there. We do have a Chase account and they have been good to work with, if that helps. -R. Rounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love America First - but none down there so that doesn't help. I was a member of a credit union in Montana and was very happy with it. Long ago I was a Zion's Bank customer and never had a problem, but that's been 10 years now. Wow!! That's forever ago.

    ReplyDelete