Monday, April 27, 2009

childhood stories

I don't know if anyone remembers Babar the Elephant or Rudyard Kiplings The Elephant Child. Its funny how you watch a movie like Coming to America and things just pop into your mind. I know I loved these stories and the characters. When reading The Elephant Child I always wondered what "insatiable curiousity" meant. I think I related to it as a child cause I am in fact as an older adult very curious, to the point of being unnecessarily nosy. Babar was just a fascinating character as a child. I don't remember much of anything about that book unfortunately. I would love to find these books and have them for my future kids.

poor Utah Jazz. At least they still make the playoffs. Still, as its been said among my family, the old school coaching and program need to be reconstructed. These young players can't play under restraint. This is why I think the Bulls, Celtics, etc. do so well. They have the freedom and contemporary mentality to be at their full potential. On day maybe we will be on top again.

Remember this: "John Stockton for Three! YAAAAAAAA! John Stockton sends the Utah Jazz to the NBA Finals!" Oh man good times.

1 comment:

  1. I miss Malone, Stockton, and Hornecek :(. I stopped watching the Jazz after that!!

    ReplyDelete